Ronald J. Surz
President & CEO, PPCA Inc.
President, Target Date Solutions
CFO, Paladin Financial Technology
CFO, Targe Date Fund Builder
CFO Sortino Investment Analystics
900 Calle Venezia, San Clemente, CA 92672
Phone: (949) 488-8339
Ronald J. Surz is president of PPCA Inc. and its division, Target Date Solutions. He is a pension consulting veteran, having started with A.G. Becker in the 1970's. Ron earned an MBA in Finance at the University of Chicago and an MS in Applied Mathematics at the University of Illinois.
He has published regularly in such publications as The Journal of Wealth Management, The Journal of Investing, Journal of Portfolio Management, Journal of Portfolio Management, Pensions & Investments, Senior Consultant and the IMCA® Monitor, as well as contributed to and edited several books. Ron's most recent book is the Fidicuary Handbook for Understanding and Selecting Target Date Funds: It's All About the Beneficiaries. Ron has served as a member of the following boards and councils:
- City of San Clemente Finance Committee
- Investor/Consultant Subcommittee of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) Executive Committee, established by the CFA Institute
- Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) Board of Directors
- IMCA® Monitor (newsletter) Editorial Board
- IMCA® Standards of Practice Board Chair
- Cainsoft Advisory Board
- FinanceWare.com Advisory Board
- Association for Investment Management & Research (AIMR) After-Tax Subcommittee
- Risk-Controlled Growth (RCG) fund-of-hedge-funds Investment Committee
- Sortino Investment Advisors Advisory Board
- Capital Market Consultants Advisory Board
- President of the Southern California Chapter of IMCA®
- Rockwater Hedge LLC Advisory Board
For additional information about Ron, see his profile on LinkedIn. You may also follow Ron on Howling Wolf (an organization dedicated to financial and investment literacy).